An Ottawa man has been charged with attempted murder following a daylight knife attack on Rideau Street last weekend.
A 17-year-old boy was stabbed or slashed in the throat in the 100 block of Rideau Street around 3:45 on April 1. The victim was taken to hospital in serious but stable condition, where he remains.
A suspect was caught on surveillance cameras in the area and was seen fleeing from the scene of the stabbing.
Police said Gamel Geffrard, 20, turned himself in at Ottawa Police Service headquarters on Elgin Street Thursday
Now in police custody, Geffrard is also facing charges of aggravated assault, assault with a weapon, carrying a concealed weapon and possession of a weapon for committing an offence.
He is scheduled to appear in court Friday.
Latest USA News
- Gas prices in Churchill rise above $2; northern communities 'held as pawns'
- Oake family eyes arena property for addictions facility; competing group says they were snubbed by city
- With cannabis legalization approaching, Pallister urges cabinet and staff to declare potential conflicts of interest
- Winnipeg's gas prices spike due to refinery outages
- MMIW inquiry blames federal bureaucracy for hampering work, frustrating families
- City's taxi industry wants Uber to play by the same rules
- 'I'm a survivor': MLA shares story of domestic abuse
- Police describe search of accused letter bomber's home, business
- Lowry's wait almost over
- Astros win 1st World Series crown, top Dodgers 5-1 in Game 7
- Family of Canadian soldier who killed himself after returning home from Afghanistan awarded the Memorial Cross
- Arcane law strips unwitting Canadians of citizenship
- U.S. marines in 'deplorable' urination video
- Eating disorder patients in Canada, denied treatment