The Calgary Flames have acquired defenceman Michael Stone from the Arizona Coyotes for two draft picks.
Stone had a goal and eight assists in 45 games with the Coyotes this season and will be counted on to help shore up Calgary's defence as it makes a playoff push.
The Flames entered Monday's games a point up on Winnipeg for the second Western Conference wild-card spot.
The 26-year-old Winnipeg native has 24 goals and 96 assists in 324 games with Arizona.
"I think Calgary is a perfect fit for him," Coyotes general manager John Chayka said before Monday's game between Arizona and Anaheim.
"He's got some roots there...He goes to the market, you never know what happens."
The Coyotes, second to last in the league at 47 points, get Calgary's third-round pick in the 2017 draft and a conditional fifth-round draft choice in 2018.
Latest USA News
- Sharing stories from here, our home
- Refugee's success shows potential of young newcomers
- Ready to launch
- Private practice
- Ferry held hostage until First Nation's problems addressed
- Blue stroll over watered-down Esks
- Time, fire erase last visible ties to community builder
- Former gridiron standout Idonije writes stories encouraging youngsters to be the best they can be
- Former attorney general Roland Penner dead at 93
- Playbook: Caps take 2-1 Cup series lead, Tkachuk a hot NHL prospect, Tiger lurking at Memorial and more...
- Mental illness cited in deaths of Steinbach father and son
- Brrrrr-utal! Spring temperatures likely weeks away
- Wheeler, muckers lead way to victory
- Civil trials moving at brisker pace
- Taking a stand against harassment
- City eyes traffic lights at site of fatal collision
- Winnipeg has love affair with horror
- Waste not, want not
- A valuable space, lost in litigation
- Free Press Head Start for April 3
- Secret life of plants making music
- Ex-Hydro chairman refutes premier
- Wire-to-wire world champ
- Optimism shines bright at upbeat Juno Awards show in Vancouver
- Canada joins U.S., Europe in expelling Russian spies for British poison attack
- Feds ease restrictions on prescription heroin to address opioid epidemic
- Mexico official: Iowa family died from water heater gas leak
- White House: Trump thinks Stormy Daniels lied about threat
- Developer to alter Pembina Highway apartment plans
- It's a great time to be a sports fan in Winnipeg
- He has the answers
- Manitoba announces operators of legal cannabis stores
- Feds to help Churchill residents pay high cost of gas
- Journalism still necessary in Canada: survey
- Getting into the weeds
- A call for justice
- Family, friends gather to protest reduced sentences for young offenders convicted of killing Serena McKay
- Two people dead in fatal trailer fire in Grand Rapids
- 200 mourners attend funeral for boy killed at crosswalk
- Jets penalty killing third-best in the league