Montreal police have arrested five men after a shooting took place in the city's Ahuntsic-Cartierville neighbourhood.
The SPVM said gunshots were heard just before 5:30 p.m., Saturday, on Place de la Colombière, near the corner of Christophe-Colomb Avenue and Louvain Street East.
Two men involved in the incident brought themselves to hospital with bullet wounds to their lower bodies that were not life threatening, police said.
They were arrested alongside another man, who accompanied them to hospital, but was not injured himself.
Two other men were arrested at the scene of the shooting. These men didn't have any bullet wounds, but one hurt his ankle and shoulder after he attempted to flee, police said.
It remains unclear what the link is between the five people who were arrested.
Police investigators will meet with the men as they try to determine what happened exactly.
Latest USA News
- Inside the horror
- Three-year youth sentence for teen in beating death of Serena McKay
- Child is province's first confirmed case of West Nile virus this year
- Community club to rebuild after fire
- Human remains found at Sagkeeng identified
- Federal environment minister praises Manitoba, criticizes Ontario
- Portage la Prarie gets first new hotel in 30 years
- Squires to keep reproductive-rights file
- 'Unexpected' repairs to choke one of city's major routes
- Shortage of anesthesiologists in Manitoba causing surgery cancellations
- Sharing stories from here, our home
- Refugee's success shows potential of young newcomers
- Ready to launch
- Private practice
- Ferry held hostage until First Nation's problems addressed
- Blue stroll over watered-down Esks
- Time, fire erase last visible ties to community builder
- Former gridiron standout Idonije writes stories encouraging youngsters to be the best they can be
- Former attorney general Roland Penner dead at 93
- Playbook: Caps take 2-1 Cup series lead, Tkachuk a hot NHL prospect, Tiger lurking at Memorial and more...
- Mental illness cited in deaths of Steinbach father and son
- Brrrrr-utal! Spring temperatures likely weeks away
- Wheeler, muckers lead way to victory
- Civil trials moving at brisker pace
- Taking a stand against harassment
- City eyes traffic lights at site of fatal collision
- Winnipeg has love affair with horror
- Waste not, want not
- A valuable space, lost in litigation
- Free Press Head Start for April 3
- Secret life of plants making music
- Ex-Hydro chairman refutes premier
- Wire-to-wire world champ
- Optimism shines bright at upbeat Juno Awards show in Vancouver
- Canada joins U.S., Europe in expelling Russian spies for British poison attack
- Feds ease restrictions on prescription heroin to address opioid epidemic
- Mexico official: Iowa family died from water heater gas leak
- White House: Trump thinks Stormy Daniels lied about threat
- Developer to alter Pembina Highway apartment plans
- It's a great time to be a sports fan in Winnipeg