Toronto police are investigating after a man was found dead in an industrial part of the Port Lands on Tuesday morning.
Const. Jenifferjit Sidhu, spokesperson for the Toronto Police Service, said police received a call at 7:47 a.m. about an unconscious man lying on the ground at 575 Commissioners St., near Leslie Street.
When police arrived, Sidhu said the man was found without vital signs.
Emergency crews pronounced him dead at the scene.
Sidhu said police do not know if the death is suspicious or the result of an industrial accident.
Police have identified the man, but are not releasing his name and age until next of kin have been notified.
Echo Commissioners St near Leslie St, one person located VSA, unknown circumstances. Officers are O/S investigating <a href="https://twitter.com/TPS55Div?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TPS55Div</a> 593664 ^ma—@TPSOperations
Latest USA News
- Mental illness cited in deaths of Steinbach father and son
- Brrrrr-utal! Spring temperatures likely weeks away
- Wheeler, muckers lead way to victory
- Civil trials moving at brisker pace
- Taking a stand against harassment
- City eyes traffic lights at site of fatal collision
- Winnipeg has love affair with horror
- Waste not, want not
- A valuable space, lost in litigation
- Free Press Head Start for April 3
- Secret life of plants making music
- Ex-Hydro chairman refutes premier
- Wire-to-wire world champ
- Optimism shines bright at upbeat Juno Awards show in Vancouver
- Canada joins U.S., Europe in expelling Russian spies for British poison attack
- Feds ease restrictions on prescription heroin to address opioid epidemic
- Mexico official: Iowa family died from water heater gas leak
- White House: Trump thinks Stormy Daniels lied about threat
- Developer to alter Pembina Highway apartment plans
- It's a great time to be a sports fan in Winnipeg
- He has the answers
- Manitoba announces operators of legal cannabis stores
- Feds to help Churchill residents pay high cost of gas
- Journalism still necessary in Canada: survey
- Getting into the weeds
- A call for justice
- Family, friends gather to protest reduced sentences for young offenders convicted of killing Serena McKay
- Two people dead in fatal trailer fire in Grand Rapids
- 200 mourners attend funeral for boy killed at crosswalk
- Jets penalty killing third-best in the league
- New lease on life for Boyd Building
- Environment Canada issues extreme cold weather warnings for much of the country
- Film festival will promote black film makers
- Manitoba Theatre reports surplus
- Frigid temperature doesn't stop shoppers
- Thief nabs $30,000 worth of veal in stolen trailer on Christmas Day
- On a cold winter's night... their last Noel
- Quiet change to free downtown parking called deceitful
- Local shelters ensure everyone gets a warm bed during cold snap
- Thieves not idle: police warn drivers about increase in car thefts