The Calgary Flames say star forward Johhny Gaudreau will miss Monday night's game in Los Angeles after returning home to New Jersey to be with his ailing father.
The NHL team said in a release that Guy Gaudreau suffered a cardiac event on Sunday and is undergoing medical procedures.
Gaudreau, 24, will remain with his family until further notice.
He leads the Flames in scoring this season with 82 points on 23 goals and 59 assists in 76 games.
Calgary (35-31-10) is fifth in the Pacific Division with 80 points, nine behind St. Louis and Los Angeles. The Blues occupy the second wild-card playoff spot in the Western Conference.
Latest USA News
- Inside the horror
- Three-year youth sentence for teen in beating death of Serena McKay
- Child is province's first confirmed case of West Nile virus this year
- Community club to rebuild after fire
- Human remains found at Sagkeeng identified
- Federal environment minister praises Manitoba, criticizes Ontario
- Portage la Prarie gets first new hotel in 30 years
- Squires to keep reproductive-rights file
- 'Unexpected' repairs to choke one of city's major routes
- Shortage of anesthesiologists in Manitoba causing surgery cancellations
- Sharing stories from here, our home
- Refugee's success shows potential of young newcomers
- Ready to launch
- Private practice
- Ferry held hostage until First Nation's problems addressed
- Blue stroll over watered-down Esks
- Time, fire erase last visible ties to community builder
- Former gridiron standout Idonije writes stories encouraging youngsters to be the best they can be
- Former attorney general Roland Penner dead at 93
- Playbook: Caps take 2-1 Cup series lead, Tkachuk a hot NHL prospect, Tiger lurking at Memorial and more...
- Mental illness cited in deaths of Steinbach father and son
- Brrrrr-utal! Spring temperatures likely weeks away
- Wheeler, muckers lead way to victory
- Civil trials moving at brisker pace
- Taking a stand against harassment
- City eyes traffic lights at site of fatal collision
- Winnipeg has love affair with horror
- Waste not, want not
- A valuable space, lost in litigation
- Free Press Head Start for April 3
- Secret life of plants making music
- Ex-Hydro chairman refutes premier
- Wire-to-wire world champ
- Optimism shines bright at upbeat Juno Awards show in Vancouver
- Canada joins U.S., Europe in expelling Russian spies for British poison attack
- Feds ease restrictions on prescription heroin to address opioid epidemic
- Mexico official: Iowa family died from water heater gas leak
- White House: Trump thinks Stormy Daniels lied about threat
- Developer to alter Pembina Highway apartment plans
- It's a great time to be a sports fan in Winnipeg